|MASTER OF NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES
The Master in Nutritional Sciences offers a comprehensive set of advanced topics including Nutrition, lifestyles and non-communicable diseases, Global nutrition, advocacy and policy, Food legislation and regulation, Research method and biostatistics in nutrition. This programme is designed to provide continuing education training, which in turn better prepare the workforce amid the rapidly changing landscape in our understanding of the relationship between nutrition and health. Besides, this programme help develop skills to translate evidence-based knowledge into advice, policy and research that improves the health and wellbeing of whole populations.
- To produce nutrition professionals who have advanced knowledge in implementing and solving problems in the field of nutrition.
- To produce nutrition professionals who are professional, ethical and socially responsible in performing their duties in the field of nutrition.
- Produce nutrition professionals who are capable of analyzing and making decisions related to nutrition issues
- Structured in three semesters (1 year) and is taught in English
- Student must complete at least 40 credits to graduate which covers: 34 credit hours of compulsory courses and Dissertation and 6 credit hours of elective courses
- All classes are conducted after office hours weekdays or weekends.
|| : 28 credits
|| : 6 credits
|| : 6 credits
|| : 40 credits
- The applicant should possess:
a. a Bachelor's degree in relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 2.750; or
b. a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with range CGPA of 2.500 to CGPA 2.749 must have a minimum of three (3) years of
working experience in a relevant field or subject to a rigorous internal assessment by the Faculty/Institute; or
c. a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with below CGPA of 2.500 must have a minimum of five (5) years of working experience
in the relevant field.
- An applicant who is in the final semester of his Bachelor study programme may be considered for a provisional admission provided that his latest CGPA or its equivalent to academic result satisfies the postgraduate programme admission requirements.
- International applicants must have obtained a minimum score of 550 for the TOEFL Paper-based Test (Academic Version) or Band 6.0 for IELTS (Academic Training), or 79-80 for TOEFL Internet-based Test or 213 for TOEFL Computer-based Test or its equivalent. The validity period should not be more than five years.
Fees for local student and international student : https://sgs.upm.edu.my/content/tuition_fees-40583
For registration, please click the link to apply now : http://sgsportal.upm.edu.my:8080/sgsportal/guide/sgs.jsp
Program coordinator : Prof. Dr. Loh Su Peng
Contact number : 03-97692432 / 03-97692459
Email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.medic.upm.edu.my/
Brochure - Master of Nutritional Sciences
Master Of Nutrition Science Accreditation Certification
Updated:: 20/07/2023 [hazim]